We all know it is illegal to drive a car without insurance, however many people still choose to do so. Unfortunately, car accidents on the road can and do happen when the driver at fault is uninsured.
If you find yourself hit by a driver who does not have insurance, there are specific steps you should take to ensure you protect yourself and receive the compensation you deserve.
- First, at the scene, document as much information you can about the accident and the at-fault driver, including pictures.
- Second, seek necessary medical attention. This allows you to receive proper documentation of your injuries, and it will start you on the road to recovery.
- Third, once you are recovering from your injuries, contact an attorney, and schedule a consultation to review the details of your case. Before you decide to take any action against the driver, meeting with an attorney will help answer any questions you have.
- Even if there is little-to-no information about the at-fault driver, there may still be ways for you to collect compensation.
- After consulting with an attorney, you may want to file an uninsured motorist claim against your insurance provider. In many cases, this will work similarly to pursuing a claim against an at-fault driver with insurance.
If you have been injured due to an accident where the driver at fault is uninsured, contact Kaiman & Crahan today.
Our free consultation will allow you to get your questions answered about your case and learn about how to receive any compensation.