An unexpected event can suddenly change your health and ability to function normally in society. All of a sudden, you have mounting medical bills but can’t work to pay for them. Healing from your injuries while trying to get your life back on track is difficult physically, emotionally, and financially. You may be wondering, when should I hire a personal injury lawyer? Here are a few pointers to guide your decision.
- Dispute between multiple parties. Not every party will likely be on the same page about what happened and who’s at fault. A lawyer can mediate this situation to get the best outcome for you.
- Understanding insurance policies. Insurance companies will do almost anything they can to prove they are not liable for your damages. A lawyer will have experience and know the ins and outs of proving their liability.
- Court trials. Not all cases need to go to court. However, if your case needs to be settled in court a lawyer is your best bet.
- Medical malpractice. A lawyer can help you gather proof and documents to prove your injuries were caused by a doctor’s negligence or error.
- Permanent disabilities. Facing a lifetime of dealing with a condition is a major setback to your goals and earning potential. To get compensation for such a serious condition you need a lawyer on your side.
- Negligence. Negligence occurs when a party has breached their duty of care and directly caused another party’s injury. This is difficult to prove but an experienced lawyer knows what evidence is needed.
Don’t Go It Alone – Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
Let’s say you slipped and fell on a spill while you were out grocery shopping, injuring your spine. You couldn’t see the spill and there was no sign.
In this case, the grocery store would be at-fault since they are responsible for proving a safe and secure environment for grocery shoppers.
The grocery store is worth millions of dollars and has a whole team of attorneys devoted to looking out for the company’s best interests.
Going against them alone is unlikely to produce adequate compensation, so your best bet is to get legal representation. Your attorney will fight for you and work with the other party to negotiate a better settlement.
No two personal injury cases are the same. Not every circumstance calls for a personal injury attorney, but many find one helpful. An attorney can understand complicated legal language and knows how to get the most out of insurance policies. An attorney protects your best interests against insurance companies and other parties who are focused on their bottom line and not compensating you fairly. Contact us today for your free consultation.