Unfortunately, injuries happen at work, and often people don’t know the proper steps to take to protect themselves.
Here is what you need to know:
- Immediately notify a supervisor or boss after the injury.
- Find out if your place of employment has a written procedure for reporting injuries.
- If you injury is one that has occurred over time, still notify your supervisor immediately.
- Not all work injuries are the result of a single, traumatic event.
- Go see your doctor! But make sure you know which doctor to see!
- If you suffer an injury requiring emergency room treatment, go the emergency room immediately.
- However, if you simply need to see a doctor following a work injury, you may need to see a doctor in your company’s network.
- Check with your company’s HR for more information.
- Keep your employer informed regarding your treatment status and condition.
- Most employers care about the well-being of their employees.
- Many employers require periodic off-work notes from your doctor to continue making lost-wage payments.
As always, if you have any questions related to workman’s compensation issues please call Kyle D. Kaiman with questions.