Did you know that most car accidents are caused by human error? While some of these incidents can be minor, others can result in the death of thousands of people per year. It is essential to drive carefully in order to avoid both minor and major accidents.
There are a few popular reasons why car accidents happen. Check out this list of the most common causes of car accidents, so you can learn how to stay safe on the road.
- Distracted Driving: It’s no secret that there are now more distractions while driving than ever! With smartphones, radio and everything else captivating our attention while we drive, it’s essential to keep these distractions at a minimum to keep the road safe.
- Drinking and Driving: Driving while intoxicated is not only unsafe for yourself and others on the road, but it’s also illegal. If you plan on drinking while out on the town, plan ahead with a designated driver or take an Uber/Lyft to your destination.
- Speeding: Many drivers ignore the speed limit and drive at their own pace. This can disrupt the flow of traffic and cause accidents on the road. Being a responsible driver also means obeying the speed limit. Simply put, don’t speed!
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving is a danger to everyone on the road. This can include road rage, changing lanes swiftly, not using a turn signal, etc. These driving behaviors can result in over-correcting or a loss of control on the road.
- Bad Weather: High winds, dense fog, pooling rainwater and snow/ice are all threats to safe driving. That’s why it’s important to stay off of the road unless you must drive in these dangerous conditions.
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, call Kaiman and Crahan at 502-771-0741 or get in contact with us on our website.